The Thirsties team are committed to creating only the highest quality products with exceptional design and performance. Every aspect of the design of their nappies is carefully considered, and all fabrics and components are selected for their extremely high quality.
All Thirsties products are manufactured in Colorado, USA, by a group of very talented people, many of whom are mums who work in the comfort and convenience of their own homes. Thirsties are committed to fair and sustainable labour practices, providing people in their own communities with jobs, and helping local economies.
Thirsties believe that in addition to offering a green consumer product - modern cloth nappies and accessories - that it is equally as important to keep the environmental impact of their business to a minimum in order to protect the future. You can see this in the way they make their business decisions: Thirsties choose fabrics and design nappies that dry quickly and remain soft even when hung to dry to encourage line drying rather than using a dryer.
- The Thirsties warehouse is powered 100% by wind energy!
- They source all their fabrics and components as locally as possible to their Colorado base (over 90% of materials are US sourced), and all cutting and sewing is completed locally to cut down on unnecessary transportation and transport fuel consumption. All carbon that is created in the transport of Thirsties products is offset 100% by Renewable Energy Certificates.
- Product packaging is produced in the USA with wind energy from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper products. All in-house printing is done on 100% recycled paper & all products are packed in boxes that are made of 100% recycled content.
- All packaging materials are reused and recycled. Their EcoEnclose Poly Mailers are 100% biodegradable and break down even in landfills!
- 100% of Thirsties scrap fabric is recycled and re-purposed for insulation and other uses!