Many people seeing modern cloth nappies for the first time and hearing about the waterproofing used in most of them (PUL - Polyurethane Laminate) have a hard time accepting that a fabric can be both waterproof and breathable at the same time.
While there are options offering more breathability (like wool covers or a fitted nappy with no cover), there is no doubt that PUL has revolutionised the cloth nappy industry. But is it really all that much better than the old plastic & PVC covers?
In fact we were were asked the question just the other day at one of our Information Sessions: Don't babies get sweatier and hotter in cloth nappies than in disposables?
Have a look at this experiment by American cloth nappy maker Juliane from Oeko Popo. Here she compares the breathability of a PUL nappy with a disposable nappy.
Interesting, isn't it?
Darlings Downunder Blog
Are Modern Cloth Nappies REALLY Breathable?
Posted in 'General Info & Advice' on February 17, 2012, 9:37 am
3 Comments [+] | Entry Link
Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day
Posted in 'General Info & Advice' on February 29, 2012, 7:19 am
Today is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day - or Teal Ribbon Day. In remembrance of our Grandma Anna and Fiona's mother-in-law, Helen, Darlings Downunder will be making a donation on behalf of every person who places an order today to Ovarian Cancer Australia of 10% of their purchase.
Ovarian cancer has been called a silent killer as many woman are unaware they have it until it's spread. But there ARE signs and symptoms and we all need to be aware of them, so they are not ignored or dismissed.
The four most common symptoms of ovarian cancer are:
- Abdominal or pelvic pain.
- Increased abdominal size or persistent abdominal bloating.
- Needing to urinate often or urgently.
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly.
Listen to your body and don't be tempted to put worrying symptoms down to menopause, age, stress or a busy life. Have any symptoms that are new, persistent or not quite right for you checked out by your doctor. For more information: Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Australia’s vision is to ensure that every Australian woman knows the symptoms of ovarian cancer and everyone affected by ovarian cancer feels personally supported and has access to and information about the best treatment and research.
Ovarian Cancer Australia’s mission is to:
- Support women with ovarian cancer, their families, friends and carers with compassionate support programs and practical resources.
- Educate communities and individuals about the disease and increase their awareness of symptoms and the latest treatment, research and clinical trials from across Australia.
- Advocate to improve outcomes, treatment and quality of life for women with ovarian cancer.
- Fund innovative and world leading ovarian cancer research.
You can add a teal ribbon to your Facebook profile picture.
Make a donation to Ovarian Cancer Australia.
0 Comments [+] | Entry Link
Get notified [+]